Park Place Center
Park Place has reopened!
Entry to Park Place will no longer require a reservation. The facility will open with capacity limitations. Please call Park Place at 847-244-9242 or email email@example.com for more details.
When walking into the building everyone must have on a mask and their temperature checked by a staff member at the front door. They will also be asked about common COVID 19 symptoms.
Anyone with any of these symptoms will not be eligible to come into the facility.
Symptoms of Covid-19:
1. If you have a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher.
2. Shortness of breath, sore throat, or diarrhea, sudden loss of taste or smell.
3. If you have travelled internationally in the last 14 days.
4. Have you had close contact in the last 14 day with anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms?
If you have any of these symptoms, please stay home for the safety of others around you.
Should you have any concerns, or you are not feeling well, testing is available Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:00am - 4:00pm at the Waukegan local testing facility at 102 W. Water Street, Waukegan, Illinois. The corner of Washington and Sheridan Road.
Park Place Facility - Max capacity 50 individuals
Billiards: 2-hour increments, 4 individuals’ maximum
Arts & Craft: 3-hours increments, 3 individuals’ maximum
Group Exercise: 1-hour increment, 8 individuals’ maximum
Computer Lab: 2-Hour increments, 2 individuals’ maximum
Media Room: 2-Hour increments, 2 individuals’ maximum
Exercise Room: 2-Hour increments, 2 individuals’ maximum
Wood Shop: 3-Hour increments, 2 individuals’ maximum
Park Place is committed to the safety of all seniors. Face coverings and social distancing will always be required.
Park Place at 847-244-9242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission on Park Place is to encourage the independence and well-being of adults age 55 and better by providing health and fitness opportunities, recreational programs, transportation options, trips events and support services.
History of Park Place
Park Place Senior Center was started in 1992 by then Township Supervisor Milton Staben as an Intergovernmental project between the Park District, the City of Waukegan and Waukegan Township. Since then Park Place has grown to serve more than 3,000 senior citizens each month with vital services.
Park Place Hours:
Covid-19 update: Park Place 847-244-9242, staff will be available to address your needs during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. via phone only.
Park Place Senior Citizens Services Committee:
- Chair: Nelson “Whit” Whitaker
- Vice Chair: Wayne Bowen
- Secretary: Sandra Eaker
- Members: Scott Grubnau, Katie Strawder
- Members: Gloria Carr, Jeanette Keyes
- Honorary SCSC Member: Larry Eaker
Services and Programs We Provide
* Click on each program/service for more information
- Oil & Water Color Painting
- Red Hat Society
- Rules of the Road
- Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) See below
- Soul Line Dancing
- Support/Enhancement Groups
- Taxi Tickets
- Tax Preparation
- Technology Classes
- Vacation Travel
- Walk For Fitness
- Writer's Circle
- Yoga & Meditation
- Zumba Gold
* Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Assistance - Park Place provides assistance with any questions pertaining to Medicare Parts A, B, C & D. For information, call Loretta Pable at 847-244-9242, email email@example.com or contact Tania Flores for Spanish (Espanol) speakers at firstname.lastname@example.org.