Patricia A. Jones Center
Patricia A. Jones Center Gets a Facelift!
Thanks to grant funding secured by Senator Adriane Johnson, in February 2022, we underwent major renovations! Out with the old and in with the new flooring, ceiling tiles, window treatments and HVAC units! Waukegan Township Supervisor Marc L. Jones, along with the Board of Trustees and staff, are so thankful to Legat Architect, Inc. and Manusos General Contracting Inc. for ensuring that our project was in budget and on schedule. We hope you all like the new upgrades.
Now, the beauty in our new or newly redesigned programs and services are matched by the beauty of the amazing Patricia A. Jones Center!
Rededication Ceremony of the Patricia A. Jones Center
On April 14, 2022, Waukegan Township celebrated its Rededication Ceremony of Park Place Senior Center to the Patricia A. Jones Center. To honor and recognize the dedication and commitment of Supervisor Emeritus Patricia A. Jones, a visionary leader, loved and respected by all who tirelessly dedicated and devoted over thirty years as an outstanding public servant to the citizens of Lake County, Illinois. “Thank You!”
On Behalf of the Waukegan Township Supervisor, Marc L. Jones, the Board of Trustees and staff, we appreciate all who were in attendance to celebrate this tremendous event.
- “Even though our time in this life is temporary, if we live well enough, our legacy will last forever." - Idowu Koyenikan
The mission on Patricia A. Jones Center (formally Park Place) is to encourage the independence and well-being of adults age 55 and better by providing health and fitness opportunities, recreational programs, transportation options, trips events and support services.
History of Patricia A. Jones Center (formally Park Place)
Patricia A. Jones Center was started in 1992 by then Township Supervisor Milton Staben as an Intergovernmental project between the Park District, the City of Waukegan and Waukegan Township. Since then, Patricia A. Jones Center has grown to serve more than 3,000 senior citizens each month with vital services.
Patricia A. Jones Center (formally Park Place) Hours:
Covid-19 update: Patricia A. Jones Center 847-244-9242, staff will be available to address your needs during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Citizens Services Committee:
- Chair: Jeanette Keyes
- Vice Chair: Dwight "J.J." Johnson
- Secretary: Katie Strawder
- Members: Wayne Bowen, Sandra Eaker
- Members: Nelson "Whit" Whitaker, Sugar Young
- Honorary SCSC Member: Larry Eaker
Services and Programs We Provide
* Click on each program/service for more information
* Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Assistance - Patricia A. Jones Center provides assistance with any questions pertaining to Medicare Parts A, B, C & D. For information, call Loretta Pable at 847-244-9242, email email@example.com or contact Tania Flores for Spanish (Espanol) speakers at firstname.lastname@example.org.