Senior Taxi Ticket
Image does not exist
Rules & Procedures
Taxi tickets are available for all Waukegan Township residents 55 and over.
- 18 taxi tickers are permitted per person per calendar month.
- Taxi tickets must be requested by phone or in person each month.
- Tickets are non-transferable and are to be used only by the person whose name appears on the ticket.
- Taxi tickets are not to be used by spouses, children, grandchildren, other relatives or friends.
- You will not receive change from a cab driver for taxi tickets. For example, if your fare is $3.50 and you give the driver $4 in tickets for payment, you will not receive change back.
- If at any time Waukegan Township sends a first class mailing that is returned by the U.S. Post Office for an insufficient address, ticket benefits will be rescinded until such time proof of residency can be obtained.
- Under no circumstance are tickets to be bought, sold, traded or used as currency for anything other than transportation. Any abuse or misuse of tickets will result in suspension from the program.
To Receive Tickets by Mail
- Taxi tickets may be ordered for mail delivery by calling 847-244-9242.
- You may call one week before the beginning of the next month until the last day of the current month to have your tickets mailed to you.
- If you repeatedly fail to receive your mailed taxi tickets, you may be required to pick up your tickets in person.
- Tickets must be requested each month that you wish to receive them. They will not be mailed automatically.
To Pick Up Tickets in Person
- You must provide a valid form of photo identification showing your current Waukegan Township address. Expired or photo IDs showing previous addresses are not acceptable.
- You must sign your name to signify you received your tickets in person.
- Tickets may be picked up from the first day of the calendar month until the last day of that month.
- If you are a senior who receives taxi tickets, you may pick up tickets for a spouse or other eligible individuals who reside with you. Addresses, including apartment numbers, must be the same and circumstance.
- Tickets are available at the Waukegan Township Supervisor's Office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at:
149 S Genesee Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
- Tickets are also available at Park Place Center, during the following hours: Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. at 414 S Lewis Ave., Waukegan, IL 60085.