To be eligible for a Waukegan Township Scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled college students or any person wanting to further their post-high-school education.
- Must be a resident of Waukegan Township.
- Must have a history of extracurricular activities that demonstrate a willingness to accept leadership responsibilities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social consciousness and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
- Must submit a 500-word essay on "The Role of Local Government in Today's Society and in the Future."
- Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials or business people.
- Must submit an official high school transcript.
- Must submit a cover letter and completed application form.
- Must enroll at an Illinois school as a full-time undergraduate student.
- The deadline for this application and required documentation is EXTENDED to June 2, 2023.
- All applications must be received by 4 p.m. on June 2, 2023.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- You must meet all the eligibility criteria (see eligibility criteria above).
- All parts of the application must be typed or be legible in order to be considered.
- All attachments must contain your full name and social security number.
If you should have additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 847-244-4900.