Waukegan Township continues its efforts to assist area seniors, transitional facilities for men and women with children, scholarships for our youth and much more.
We have an online application portal for submitting employment applications. Applications are required for all positions and must be applied for online. Job postings include job descriptions and any other pertinent information for positions available.
Please follow the link below to be redirected to our application portal:
Current Open Job Opportunities
Human Resources Manager
General Summary and Purpose:
Responsible for overseeing all human resources including employee relations, compliance, recruiting, compensation, and benefits. Designs, implements and administers competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefits programs. Directs and coordinates policy and procedure development as well as professional training and performance management.
- Manages and administrates all HR programs such as benefits & leave administration, worker’s compensation paid time off, etc. including managing the annual renewal of insurance policies.
- Manage and administer payroll for all employees bi-weekly payroll.
- Manages complaint resolution and conducts employment-related investigations
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures the organization’s compliance.
- Monitors and manages legal employment matters working with legal counsel.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists Department managers in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program.
- Works directly with management to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Human Resources or Business Administration;
- Or Associates degree in Business Administration with four to six years related experience and/or training;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience in local government organization required.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration;
- At least 3 years experience in an HR role;
- SPHR or PHR preferred or actively pursuing;
- Knowledge of government regulations related to employment, such as FMLA, EEOC, ADA, FLSA, etc.;
Transitional Housing Program for women with children is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, resourceful and dependable House Manager, to monitor weekend living for residents. Part-Time, first and second shifts available.Weekend House Manager
- Ability to independently manage position requirements
- Ability to work effectively during a crisis
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, required
- Prior Human Services experience in a residential setting with children/families
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with residents and staff
- Possess good organizational and computer skills
- Dependable and punctual
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred
Seeking on-call Driver to transport customers
- Valid CDL Driver’s License with passenger endorsement required.
- Clean driving record, required.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, tactful, courteous and dependable.
- Must be flexible to accommodate varying events on evenings and weekends.