Waukegan Township Assessor
Office phone 847-623-4550. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze App
- Assessment affects Real Estate Taxes
- Budget Cycle and Tax Bills
- Example 2018 Property Tax Bill
- Exemptions Reduce Taxes
- Real Estate Taxes and Mortgage Escrows
- Senior Assessment Freeze Application Guide for E filing PPP
- Senior Freeze Application PTAX 340 form
- Senior Freeze Application PTAX 340 Instructions
- Tax Bill News Release TY 2019
The updated 2021 Equalization Factors are posted to the Lake County Government website. These include all sales through the month of November 2020. Please visit https://www.lakecountyil.gov/389/Equalization-Factors. Sales ratios have been updated. A final update to the equalization figures will post once the balance of the 2020 sales have been entered.
Please note that Lake County will not be subject to a State Equalization Factor this year.
Finally, I’d like to share some information received from John Murray, Senior Veteran Service Officer with the Veterans Assistance Commission of Lake County VA:
- Veterans and spouses must call 1-800-827-1000, the VA Hotline/Chicago Regional Office (CRO) to obtain copies of their service connected disability letters either by fax or mail.
- The VAC Staff does not provide service connected disability letters. When we receive those requests, we direct all Veterans and spouses to contact the Hotline/CRO.
The 2020 Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Homestead Exemption Application and Affidavit has been mailed to all those who have applied in the past.
Automatic Renewal of Exemptions
Notice - 6/11/2020
In response to the Covid-19 crisis, the State has enacted legislation to automatically renew exemptions for tax year 2020. The automatic renewals will affect the following exemptions: Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze, Homestead Exemption for Disabled Persons, and Standard Homestead Exemption for Disabled Veterans.
If a taxpayer had any of the exemptions in place for tax year 2019, then the exemption will automatically be granted for tax year 2020. Taxpayers do not need to renew or file for this year. If a taxpayer has already submitted an application or renewal for 2020, no further action is required.
The only instance where an application must be made is for first time applicants or if there has been a change in the Disabled Veterans disability rating.
This legislation was supported by the Lake County Township Assessor’s Association to protect the most vulnerable population from the spread of Covid-19. Lake County will be mailing notices to those taxpayers who are impacted.
Please contact my office should if you have questions
Waukegan Township Assessor